Thursday 2 July 2015

The beginning of the end

                               

             "Get ready fast or you might be late for the first class." These are the last two years of my life that I would be hearing people say these words to me. Everybody around me have always told me that student years are the best part of a person's life and I have already joined them in this sentiment. I being one of those lucky kids for whom being a student is a reality and not a dream, have never acknowledged this fact much. Now that I am nearing the beginning of the end, I think about those words and realize that very soon I would also be saying those very same words to someone else. It is not long before I will have to leave this safe haven and take flight into this 'big bad world' as people call it.
                     Sure, things have not always been smooth as a student. Those little fights between friends, spending the last hundred rupees of the pocket money, doing the assignments at the last minute, studying a day before the exams and so many other student concerns that have always put a frown on my face over the years will be replaced by a smile triggered by nostalgia in a few years. There would be no more time for all that mindless banter and the idle talk at the cafeteria or those days of loitering around with  friends. A free mind is hardly what you expect from a working professional. But, at this age, being a student, with no worries about having to pay the bills, take care of children, earn for the family and so many other things that come as a package, once you join the work force, is a priceless experience which I would not trade for anything in this world. Though, I have soaked in this experience as much as I can, still there is a deep sense of longing to freeze time and stay at this stage of my life forever.
                     Having said all this, I also take cognizance of the fact that these will be the last two years of my life when I would be having the freedom to try out new things knowing very well that even if I fail in my endeavor I have a support system that will help me rise from the fall. Once into the real world, its all about doing it at one shot and trying  not to fall. Because, once you fall you will stay fallen unless you have the courage to stand up again all b yourself. Who said growing up is fun? Its a trap. I will give anything to hang on to this golden phase of my life for eternity.
                    My mom always says that we can write beautifully when we write about something that has touched us deeply. I have written about one such thing and you my readers have to comment on whether i have written it well or not.

11 comments:

  1. Hello Amrutha, very well said. Its true that clg lfe seems heaven. Reading this article took me bak to my clg days........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really your words touched my heart too Amrutha.. Nice article..:-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can totally relate to your "Beginning of the end" ! Following the footsteps parallely, it's not long time from now that we would probably not find time to even get together. You have jotted down the crisp hot expression in simple words...Nice one !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can totally relate to your "Beginning of the end" ! Following the footsteps parallely, it's not long time from now that we would probably not find time to even get together. You have jotted down the crisp hot expression in simple words...Nice one !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnq sowkhya. Your comment means a lot to me :)

      Delete
  5. Very well composed, my friend. :)
    Way to go. (Y)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amrutha, yes you have written from your heart. Its obvious from your writing that you feel deeply about this. Make the most of these student years, before you are sucked into the world of work. I am glad that you started this blog. You were always a good writer. Will share your blog on my FB Author Page - Author Rachna Chhabria (feeling very proud of my student :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ma'am. I am really pleased to know that you find my writing good. Also i am glad that you replied back. Thanks a tonn ma'am :)

      Delete